Harris 2014-01-27 short.pdf
JOSHUA HARLAN HARRIS
74 Town Green Drive, Elmsford, NY 10523 • 646-660-0868 • email@example.com
Loeb & Loeb, L.L.P.
, New York, NY Morgan & Finnegan, L.L.P.
, New York, NY
, January 2009 to present Student Associate / Associate
, June 2003 to January 2009
• Writing successful briefs on motions for summary judgment and preliminary injunction, supporting
claim construction, seeking expert disqualification, and opposing production of privileged materials.
• Successfully arguing motions in United States District Court.
• Negotiating terms of stipulated preliminary injunctions, confidentiality disclosure orders.
• Preparing inventors, Rule 30(b)(6) witnesses, and other fact witnesses for deposition.
• Preparing expert witnesses to testify at deposition and in United States District Court.
• Taking and defending depositions of fact witnesses, Rule 30(b)(6) designees, and expert witnesses.
• Engaging in pre-suit diligence, preparing complaints and responsive papers.
COUNSELING AND DUE DILIGENCE
• Searching prior art and rendering patent infringement, validity, freedom to use opinions.
• Auditing client patent portfolios to craft IP strategy and identify business opportunities.
• Negotiating patent licenses and settlement agreements.
• Representing underwriters in connection with public offerings of over $70 million.
• Drafting, prosecuting patent applications; directing patent procurement strategy, portfolio management.
• Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. and Genentech, Inc.
v. Apotex Inc. et al., (N.J.) - Boniva®
• Warner Chilcott Co., LLC and Hoffmann-La Roche Inc.
v. Teva Pharms. USA, Inc. et al., (Del.) - Actonel®
• Unigene Labs., Inc. and Upsher-Smith Labs., Inc.
v. Apotex et al., (S.D.N.Y.) - Fortical®
v. Boston Scientific, (E.D. Tex.) (settled before trial) – endovascular graft
REPRESENTATIVE PATENT PROSECUTION, OPINIONS, AND LICENSING SUBJECTS
Pharmaceuticals • medical devices • diagnostics and assays • proteins, polymers, enzymes
cancer therapies • biofuels • food sciences and consumer products • screens and fabrics
Law Clerk NYC DOE
• Technical Advisor Lucent Technologies
• Researcher Brown University
Invited Lecturer, Patent Law NYU
• Legal Writing (T.A.) Cardozo
• Organic Chem (T.A.) Brown Univ.
New York Intellectual Property Law Association • New York State Bar Association
New York (Oct. 2005) • New Jersey (Dec. 2004) • U.S.P.T.O. (July 2003: Reg. No. 54,649)
C.A.F.C. (Nov. 2010) • S.D.N.Y. (Aug. 2007) • E.D.N.Y. (Aug. 2007) • D.N.J. (Dec. 2004)
Cardozo School of Law
J.D. (2004) • Brown University
B.S. (honors) Biophysics
Fun Fact: Joshua Harris is a Beatles / classic rock / progressive rock connoisseur.
Updated Palestinian EDL (Core List) and CDL Vial: 0.25% Injection for spinal anesthesia: 0.5% in 4‐ml amp to be mixed with 7.5% glucose solution Lidocaine HCl + Epinephrine (adrenaline) 1.3 Preoperative medication and sedation for short-term procedures 2. ANALGESICS, ANTIPYRETICS, NON-STEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEDICINES (NSAIMs), MEDICINES USED TO TREAT GOUT AND DISEASE MODIFYING AGENTS I
Skin Care Profile Name ___________________________ Address_______________________________________ City_____________________________ State ______ Zip _________ Date of Birth___________ Email:___________________________ Phone(Day)______________(Night)________________ Profession_____________________ How did you hear about us? _________________________ Your Health 1. Within the last ye