CURRICULUM VITAE Personal information:
B4, No. 14, 24th Alley, Velenjak St, Tehran, Iran
Department of Physilogy, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences,
Kudakyar Alley, Daneshjoo St., Yaman St., Tehran Iran
1) PhD of Physiology,Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences (2004 -
Title of thesis: The correlation between spinal (Mu) opioid receptor expression and
hyperalgesia variation during chronic inflammation due to Complete Freund’s adjuvant
2) Medical Doctor, Tabriz medical university. (1992-1999).
Title of thesis: Aphtosis, proposed etiology and treatment ways in 254 medical students
Other advanced degrees:
1) International certificate in “Acupuncture”. Beijing International University of
Traditional Chinese Medicine. (15Apr- Dec 2002)
2) International certificate in “Su jok acupuncture therapy”. International Onnuri
Foundation a Su jok Academy. (Sep- Oct.2001)
Honors and awards: Professional licenses and Board Certification:
Medical doctor; ID number in medical council of Iran: 76916
Assistant professor and faculty member of Physiology Department, Shahid
Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran.
Invited assistant professor for medical students teaching in International Branch
of Azad University Medical Science. Qeshm, Iran.
Neuroscience (Behavioral and Molecular aspects of Pain)
Alternative medicine (Acupuncture and Herbal medicine)
1) Pain models (behavioral and molecular approaches to it)
Member of Pain Educational Committee in Shahid Beheshti University of
Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, Sep 2009- present.
Member of directory board of Iranian Cell Death Society, Neuroscience research
Center, Tehran, Iran, since 2008 till present.
Member of Research Committee of physiology department in Shahid Beheshti
University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran, since 2008 till present.
Executive manager of Journal of medicinal plants, since 2007 till 2011.
Membership in Society:
Member of Society of Neuroscience (SFN), Since 2010 till present.
Member of International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP), Since 2001
Member of Iranian Cell death society, since 2007 till present
Member of Iranian Physiology and Pharmacology society, since 2010 till
Member of International Brain Research Organization, since 2010 till present
Article Publications in peer reviewed journals:
1) Zeinab Akhtari, Jalal Zaringhalam, Akram Eidi, Homa Manaheji, Elaheh
Tekieh. Bidirectional effects of serum TNFalpha level and spinal p38mapk
phosphorylation on hyperalgesia variation during CFA-induced arthritis.
EXCLI Journal 2012;11:373-385 – ISSN 1611-2156.
2) Samad Nazemi ,Homa Manaheji , Jalal Zaringhalam ,Mehdi Sadeghi Abbas
Haghparast. Post-injury repeated administrations of minocycline improve the
antinociceptive effect of morphine in chronic constriction injury model of
3) Elaheh Tekieh, Jalal Zaringhalam*, Homa manaheji, Elnaz Zeinalzadeh.
Effects of serum interleukin-6 level on hyperalgesia and spinal mu opioid
receptor expression during complete freund’s adjuvant- induced chronic
4) E. Tekieh ,S. Moghadam kia, A. Eidi, R. Taghizad farid, R. Ferdosi, J.
Zaringhalam*. Investigation on the anti- inflammatory and analgesic effects
of Olea europaea L. metanolic extract on male NMRI mouse. Iranian South
5) Akram Eidi, Sara Moghadam-kia, Jalal Zarringhalam Moghadam, Maryam
Eidi, and ShamsaliRezazadeh. Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects
of olive oil (Olea europeae L.) in mice. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2011, 1–6.
6) Eidi A*, Moghadam-Kia S, Zarringhalam Moghadam J, Rezazadeh S , Eidi
M.Antinociceptive effect of olive oil (Olea europaea L.) on mice. Arak
Medical University Journal (AMUJ) 2011; 14(57): 52-59 .
7) Eidi A.*, Zarin Ghalam J., Rezazade Sh. A, Adeli R. Hepatoprotective effect
of Berberis vulgaris L. extract on CCl4-induced toxicity in rats. Kowsar
Medical Journal Vol. 16, No. 3, Fall 2011, 169-173.
9) E. Tekieh, J. Zaringhalam*, H. Manaheji, N. Maghsoudi, B. Alani, H.
Zardooz. “Increased serum il-6 level time-dependently regulates
hyperalgesia and spinal mu opioid receptor expression during CFA-induced
10) H. Manaheji* , S. Jafari , J. Zaringhalam, Sh. Rezazadeh, R.Taghizad farid. “
Analgesic effects of methanolic extracts of leaf or root of Moringa oleifera
on Complete Freund Adjuvant- induced arthritis in rat”. JCIM, 2010, 9(2);
11) Jalal Zaringhalam*, Akhtar Akbari, Elaheh Tekieh, Homa Manaheji,
Shamsali Rezazadeh2, “Achillea santolina reduce serum interlukine-6 level
and hyperalgesia during complete Freund’s adjuvant-induced inflammation
in male Wistar rats” JCIM, 2010,8(12); 1180-89.
12) Elaheh Tekieh a, Akhtar Akbari a, Homa Manaheji a, Shamsali Rezazadeh b.
Jalal Zaringhalam* “Comparison of the anti-hyperalgesic and anti-
inflammatory effects of Achillea santolina and Stachys athorecalyx extracts
on CFA –induced short-term inflammation in male Wistar rats”. Koomesh,
13) J. Zaringhalam*, J. Shams, Sh. Rezazadeh, H. Manaheji, S. Akhondzadeh
and F. Asefifar . “Role of the methanolic extracts of Boswellia serrata and
Lavandula angustifolia on apomorphine induced ejaculation in male Wistar
rats”. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, 2010, 4(11), 1073-80.
14) Zaringhalam J*, Manaheji H, Rastqar A, Zaringhalam M. “Reduction of
chronic lowback pain: A randomised controlled trial on acupuncture and
baclofen”. Chinese Medicine, 2010,5: 15.
15) Homeira Zardooz, Fatemeh Rostamkhani, Jalal Zaringhalam, Farzaneh
Faraji Shahrivar. Plasma corticosterone, insulin and glucose changes induced
by brief exposure to isoflurane, diethyl ether and CO2 in male rats.
Physiological Research, 2010; 59: 973-978.
16) Elaheh Tekieh, Shamsali Rezazadeh, Homa Manaheji, Akhtar Akbari, Jalal
Zaringhalam*. “The effects of pretreatment with Achillea santolina and
Stachys Athorecalyx extracts on CFA-induced acute inflammation in male
rats”. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2010; 9(34), 165- 76.
17) Hasanzadeh E, Rezazadeh Sh, Shamsa SF, Dolatabadi R, Zaringhalam J.
Review on phytochemical and therapeutic properties of Fenugreek
(Trigonella foenum-graceum). Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2010; 9(34), 1-
18) Mirzaie V, Manaheji H, Maghsoudi N, Zaringhalam J. “Comparison of
changes in mRNA expression of spinal glutamate transporters following
induction of two neuropathic pain models”. Spinal Cord, 2010 March.
19) Tavakkolifar B, Massoudi M , Zarringhalam J. Review on Pharmacological
Activities of Gum olibanum. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2009; 8(32), 1-13.
20) Haghparast A, Zarringhalam J, Khatibi A, Dianati E, Shams J. “The fruit
essential oil of Cuminum cyminum L. reduced the acquisition but not
expression of ineffective dose of morphine-induced conditioned place
preference in morphine-sensitized mice”. Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2009;
21) Rezazadeh Sh. Zaringhalam J*. Manaheji H. Kebriayezadeh A. “Anti-
inflammatory and anti–hyperalgesic activities of Stachys athorecalyx
extracts on CFA-induced inflammation”. Journal of Medicinal Plants
22) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. Maghsoodi N. Farokhi B. Mirzaee V. “Spinal
mu-opioid receptor expression and hyperalgesia with dexamethasone in
chronic adjuvant induced arthritis in rats.” Clinical and Experimental
Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology 2008; 35(11), 1309-15.
23) Mirzaee V. Manaheji H. Keramati K. Maghsoodi N. Zaringhalam J.
“Comparing the neuropathic pain behavioral responses between CCI and
SNI neuropathy models in male rats”. Journal of Physiology and
24) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. Maghsoodi N. Farokhi B. Mirzaee V.
“Investigation the relationship between hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal
(HPA) axis activity and hyperalgesia variation during chronic inflammation
due to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in male rats”.Journal of Physiology and
25) Zaringhalam M. Sttari M . Zaringhalam J. Rezazadeh Sh.“Effect of Red
pepper, Black pepper and Thyme (Zataria Multiflora Boiss) alcoholic
extracts on growth and DNase activity of Staphylococcus aureus”. Journal of
26) Fallah Huseini H. Zaree A. Heshmat R. Rezaii Sharifabadi R. Naderi G.A.
Zaringhalam J. Sheikh Samani A.H. “The effect of Citrullus colocynthis (L)
Schard. Fruit on oxidative stress parameters in type II diabetic patients”.
Journal of Medicinal Plants 2006; 5 (2).
1) Zaringhalam J. Rasteqar A. “Blood Physiology”. Sina Teb Publication, Tehran, Iran
2) Zaringhalam J, Ghasemi M, Sadeghi S. “Cell Physiology”. LANG Publication,
Zaringhalam J, Rastqar A, Ghasemi K. ”Human Physiology: An integrated approch.
(Silverthorne). Sina Teb Publication, Tehran, Iran 2012 (Translation).
Other publications: Invited presentations:
1) J.Zaringhalam*, E Tekieh ,H. Manaheji. Cytokine related phosphorylation of spinal
p38 mapk enzyme role on mu opioid receptor expression during adjuvant induced
arthritis. 11th Iranian pain society congress. Tehran, Iran 2012 (Poster presentation).
2) J. Zaringhalam, E. Tekieh, H. Manaheji, B. Alani. “Increased serum IL-6 level time-
dependently regulates hyperalgesia and spinal mu opioid receptor expression during
CFA-induced arthritis.8TH IBRO world congress of neuroscience. Italy, July 2011
3) Jalal Zaringhalam moghadam1، Elahe Tekieh2، Homa Manaheji3، Behrang Alani4
“Increased level of serum IL-6 during chronic CFA-induced inflammation modulates
Hyperalgesia ” 20th Iranian Physiology and Pharmacology Congress, Hamedan, Iran
4) Zaringhalam J. Chronic pain mechanism. First Chronic Pain Congress. Tehran, Iran
5) Zaringhalam J*, Hormozi A, Manaheji H, Tekieh E. “Morphine anti-hyperalgesic
effective dose varies during different stages of cfa-induced chronic inflammation in
male wistar rats”. 1st IBRO middle east congress, AL Ain, UAE. 2011 (Poster
6) Rezazadeh Sh. Zaringhalam J*. Manaheji H. Kebriayezadeh A. “Anti-inflammatory
and anti–hyperalgesic activities of Stachys athorecalyx extracts on CFA-induced
inflammation”. 13th International Pain Congress in Montreal, Canada. 2010( Poster
7) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. Maghsoodi N. “Spinal mu-opioid receptor expression
and hyperalgesia with dexamethasone in chronic adjuvant induced arthritis in rats” 19th
Iranian Physiology and Pharmacology Congress, Tehran, Iran 2009; Nov ( Poster
8) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. N. Farokhi, B. “ Hyperalgesia variations during
different stages of CFA-induced arthritis”. 8th International Iranian Pain Congress , 2008
9) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. Maghsoodi N. Mazaheri EL. “Variation of spinal "mu"
opioid receptor and hyperalgesia during adjuvant induced arthritis in male rats”. 12th
International Pain Congress, Glasgow, Scotland 2008; August (Poster presentation).
10) Zaringhalam J. Noroozi A. Rezazadeh SH.“Investigation the hypoglycemic effect
of the moringa oleifera leaf extract on the gestational diabetes in Iranian pregnant
women”. 4th International Gestational Diabetes Congress, Istanbul, Turkey 2007(Poster
11) Zaringhalam J. Manaheji H. Maghsoodi, N. Farokhi, B. “Investigation the
relationship between hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis activity and
hyperalgesia variation during chronic inflammation due to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in
male rats”. 7th International Iranian Pain Congress , 2007 (Oral presentation).
12) Zaringhalam J, Manaheji H, Rastqar A, Zaringhalam M. “Reduction of chronic
lowback pain: A randomised controlled trial on acupuncture and baclofen”. 4th
International Iranian Pain Congress, 2004 (Poster presentation).
13) Zaringhalam J, Falah hoseini H. “Comparison the effect of hirudo medicinalis and
piroxicam capsule on reduction of inflammation and painin the primary stages of
rheumatoid arthritis of the knee.”2nd International Traditional Medical Congress in
Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, 2004 (Poster presentation).
14) Zaringhalam J. Sinafar A. “Apotheosis, proposed etiology and treatment ways". 6th
International Medical Congress , Tabriz, Iran. 1998; May (Oral presentation).
Other seminars and congress:
Acute Pain Management congress, Tehran, Iran. 2011
1st International Patient Rights, Kish, Iran, 2011.
10th international congress of immunology and allergy of Iran, Tehran, Iran
International Cell Death Symposium: Cell Death In Infectious Diseases and
Cancer, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2009.
Third International Symposium on Molecular Technology, Tehran, Iran 2009.
“Scientific writing and thinking” Research Center for Gastrology and Liver
“ Basic of flow cytometry and its applications” The Research Center for
Gastrology and Liver Diseases. Tehran, Iran, 2009.
“Transgenic mice and its relation to disease”. Shahid Beheshti University of
“Methods in detection of cell death”. Shahid Beheshti University of Medical
10th, 8th, 7th, 6th and 4th International Iranian Pain Congresses, Iranian Pain
1st and 2nd International Symposium on Molecular Technology, Tehran, Iran
2nd federation of Asian – Oceania Neuroscience Societies (FAONS) symposium,
Drug Addiction Rehabilitation Conference, Tabriz medical university 2002.
Peer reviewers for medical journals:
Reviewer of Medicinal Plants Journal, Academic Center for Education, Culture
and Research (ACECR), Tehran, Iran, Since 2008 till 2011.
Reviewer of physiology and pharmacology Journal, Tehran, Iran, since 2009 till
Associated editor of Maxwell science medical journal, Birmingham, UK, since
University teaching roles:
Physiology of Pain for Pain fellowship students
Physiology of Respiratory system for PhD and Msc students
Physiology of Blood, Respiratory system, Nervous system and Cell function for
medical and nursing under graduate students
Executive manager of 11th Iranian pain study society ,2012 Tehran, Iran.
Two weeks workshop held each year for pain fellowship students, since
Executive manager of 3rd international symposium on molecular
Scientific manager and speaker of two days workshop about herbal
medicines roles in human liver and gastro-intestinal disorders, 2009 Tehran,
Scientific manager and speaker of two days workshop about herbal
medicines in human cardiac and respiratory system disorders, 2009 Tehran,
Language skills: Interests and activities:
The Lasting Effects of Using Auricular Acupuncture to Treat Combat-related PTSD: A Case Study By Greg Golden, MSOM, DiplOM (NCCAOM), LAc AbstractPost-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a condition of certain psychological symptoms occurring long Greg Golden , MSOM, DiplOM (NCCAOM), LAc was trained in the NADA protocol at the Lincoln Recovery term after a traumatic event or series of such
December 2008 (Vol. 1, Issue 3, pages 45-46) ROLE OF THE ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM IN ATHEROSCLEROSIS By François Mach, MD, Fabrizio Montecucco, MD, Sabine Steffens, PhD Division of Cardiology, Foundation for Medical Researches, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland Introduction Atherosclerosis is an inflammatory disease that involves vascular and immune cell types. En