To achieve the dream skin you always wanted, you have to be committed to yourself, and ZBodySculpt & Medical Spa is dedicated to help you every step of the way.
Sunspots are discolorations of the skin that appear on areas of the body repeatedly exposed to the sun, usual y in people over the age of 40. Although they are a sign of sun damage, they aren't dangerous. They do, however, give away age when they appear on the face. Dab lemon on the sunspots or aging spots. Lemon contains citric acid, which can act as a mild bleach.
To brighten up dull skin, exfoliate at least once a week with a gentle exfoliate. Mix oats with some honey and an egg white to make a homemade facial scrub. Rub it over the face gently to remove dead skin and brighten the face. The egg white is natural collagen, a wonderful anti-aging remedy.
Rosacea is a common, but often overlooked skin disorder affecting over 14 million Americans today. Unfortunately, the National Rosacea Society says that about 78 percent of Americans neither know how to recognize this skin disorder, or how to properly treat it.
Most often effecting fair-skinned people, rosacea is characterized by “erythema,” or flushing of the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. This flushing can also be found around the areas of the shoulders and back. Statistical y, women experience rosacea symptoms about three times more often than men.
• Use only mild soaps and cleansers. • Rosacea sufferers have skin that is unusually vulnerable to chemical and physical insults. All
sources of irritation, such as soaps, alcoholic cleansers, astringents, abrasives, and peeling agents, must be avoided. Only very mild soaps are advised.
• Always use a high SPF sunscreen. • Protection against sunlight must be emphasized. Use a sunscreen specially formulated for
• Use a product with light exfoliation. • Salicylic Acid or Mandelic Acid exfoliation is a key for getting rid of acne associated with
Rosacea. Salicylic Acid and Mandelic Acid are the two least irritating acids to sensitive skin.
• Use an anti-inflammatory acid to reduce redness. • Azelaic Acid will gently reduce redness and lighten the skin. • Use a product containing Vitamin C. • Vitamin C (L-ascorbic Acid) has been shown to be particularly beneficial in reducing redness.
Start off with a lower concentration to prevent any irritation.
I get a lot of compliments on my skin after trying this at home scrub. First I take half cup of white sugar (or you can use raw sugar), and mix in four tablespoons of baby oil and add a little vanilla for a nice scent. Use it in the shower as a body scrub and your skin will turn out super soft.
To keep my skin at it's best, I wash my face with oatmeal in place of cleanser. This works like a miracle on my skin, but everyone's skin is different, so different people might get different results. So just clutch a small handful of natural, rolled oats and run your hand under lukewarm water to soften the oatmeal. Squeeze the extra water out (I like to put it on my face) and scrub your face gently w/ the oatmeal for a while. Then, rinse it w/ cold water and pat your face dry. This makes my skin clean, soft, smooth, less oily, and just awesome while gently exfoliating and moisturizing.
• Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties. Virgin coconut oil or coconut butter makes a good
moisturizer by providing a protective layer.
• Apricot and avocado oil mixed with glycerin can be massaged on the face followed by warm
• Mix almond oil with Vitamin E cream and apply at bedtime on face and hands. This leaves the
7. Home remedies for treating under eye circles:
• Placing cucumber slices over tired eyes relaxes the fatigued eye muscles.
• Cooled tea bags can be used to rejuvenate the under eye areas. Tannins in tea help in fluid
8. Home remedies for treating dark elbows and knees:
• Mix sugar with honey and use it as a scrub twice a week. This is a wonderful natural polisher. • Cut a lemon in half, and scrub your knees with it. Leave lime juice overnight on your dark
elbows and knees and see the difference for yourself.Make a paste of milk cream, a pinch of turmeric, and 3 drops of basil leaf extract. Rub this mixture on dark elbows and knees and keep it overnight for maximum affect.
• Mix honey with milk powder. Make a thick paste and leave on for few minutes. For best
results, it has to continue for a longer period.
• Rub a piece of papaya on the face and neck for 15 minutes or churn a ripe papaya, make a
thick paste and apply the pulp on face and neck.
10. Home remedies for treating oily skin:
• Mix honey with some lemon juice. Apply the paste evenly on face, neck and back. Leave it
on for at least 5-10 minutes. This also acts as natural skin bleach and controls oil production to some extent.
• Other than this, you can apply aloe vera on your face as it has excellent skin healing
• You can also go for a mixture of Aloe Vera juice, turmeric powder, honey and rice flour to
• 1/2 cup of strawberry • 1/4 cornstarch.
Mix strawberries and cornstarch together to make a paste. Apply to face. Leave for 30 minute rinse off with cool water.
Here's the thing about strawberries: they are incredible cleansers. Acting as an antiseptic, they are best suited for oily, problem, inflammation prone skin. To make it into that type of mask,
simply add honey to it. Honey is also an anti-inflammatory agent, and together, they cleanse as well as add moisture. To make it into a mask for a dry skin type, add some avocado to it and/or olive oil. If your skin is of normal type, you could add a banana for example.
I've recently gotten into the caffeine craze. Remember, caffeine has been indicted to the skincare hall of fame. Natural y, I just had to play around with it. And so, I've come up with this wonderful y scrumptious facial mask. It works wonders on my skin. I can really see the difference after the mask. My skin actually glows and it was baby smooth to the touch. Absolutely delightful!! Plus the aromatic coffee scent lingers long after the mask is removed. Another plus point, you're actually using used finely ground coffee; simply collect the used coffee after your morning coffee.
• 3 tablespoons of used finely ground coffee • A small glass of milk (3oz)
1) Add the used finely ground coffee into a bowl. Stir in milk until it achieves a thick texture.
Mix the ingredients till well blended. Try not to make the paste too diluted or it'll be runny and it's going to be messy during application. If mixture becomes too runny, simply add a little more coffee into it.
2) When ready, apply the paste onto your face and neck and smooth it out all over your face.
3) Slowly massage the mixture to your skin and relax for 20 minutes.
4) While washing off the mask, slowly massage the paste to your skin. It acts further as an
exfoliator. Don't massage too hard if you have sensitive skin
5) Pat dry face and apply moisturizer while skin is still damp to seal in moisture
Try it, you won't regret it. Remember not to scrub your skin too hard with the coffee grounds though.
Word of caution when using home remedies for skin care:
Acne or acne prone skin or individuals with sensitive skin should not try home remedies or any self-medication without consulting a doctor.
WARNING: No information in this report is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The natural remedies here are submitted by numerous people from around the world, and it is impossible to verify every remedy. As such these home remedies should be used for academic purposes only. Never use any home remedy or other self-treatment without being advised to do so by a physician.
A Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment of Infection in the Outpatient Setting Diagnosis and Treatment of Skin and Soft Tissue Infections By Gary R. Skankey, MD, FACP, Infectious Disease, Las Vegas, NV Sponsored by Nevadans for Antibiotic Awareness (www.nevadaaware.com) And an unrestricted educational grant from Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals Skin and soft tissue infections are fre
A DIVISION OF THE SYNOPTICS GROUP Automated colony counting for molecular biologists How it can improve productivity when selecting recombinant clone Introduction Transformation efficiency is a measure of the amount transmitted and darkfield illumination, enabling coloniesof cells within the baceterial culture that are able to takeand plaques to be counted on a range of media types.